There are 5 main areas in the journey to stroke recovery. Each person’s journey is different. You may or may not experience all 5 areas. Self-reflection and goal setting are important parts of your stroke journey. Read further to learn more about:
- What to expect;
- The health care team members you will meet; and
- Where you can find more information
Using this website will help you gain knowledge and skills to help you take charge of your health. This is called self-management.
Self-management can help you:
- Play an active role in your health and recovery
- Learn about your stroke and how it has impacted you
- Develop skills to live well
- Improve your confidence
- Make good choices for healthy behaviour change
This does not mean you have to do things on your own. Keep a positive outlook. With help from your family and/or caregivers and healthcare team, you can work towards living well after stroke.
Listen to Hass and Ron’s as they share their story about how they live well, get active and get back into life after stroke.